- Golden Beetroot
- Large Onion (red or brown)
- Olive Oil
- Orange, juice + zest
- Almonds (ideally roasted)
- White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 170°C
- Peel your beetroot (luckily you won't get super red hands from this variety!)
- Chop your beetroot & onion into evenly sized pieces. Place onto a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt, using your hands. Spread the vegetables out evenly, allowing some room between each piece.
Transfer the baking sheet to the oven for about 40 minutes, or until fork-tender and lightly browned.
In the meantime, you can make your orange vinagrette!
Start by washing your orange and removing the zest with a cheese grater or microplane. Set the zest aside – you’ll use it to sprinkle on top of everything.
Then, squeeze the juice of half the orange into a small bowl. Add a good glug of olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk everything together well. Give it a taste and see how you go - any vinagrette should have 1/3 vinager to 2/3 oil to make it a good'un!
Transfer the roasted beet and onion to a serving dish. Top with toasted almonds, orange zest, and drizzle the orange vinaigrette overtop.